Saturday, July 23, 2011

Man's best friend.

This is my dog Kaya. She is part Austrailian cattle dog and part something else. Technically she belongs to our son Mosiah, but I love her like she was my dog. She's a pretty good dog. She doesn't bark unless she's alone in the back yard and someone is passing by or someone is at the door. Two very good times to bark if you ask me. She knows and obeys several commands, sit, lay down, get in your bed, wait, get your rope, drop it, and leave it.
She has what doctors might call a little bit of a weight problem. If we don't watch her she will sneak into the kitchen and eat any and all food left out on the counters and table. Pizza is her favorite. Butter sticks are a close second. Nothing is refused. She will even eat zucchini.
My family had a few dogs while I was growing up and I couldn't stand most of them. They always seemed to be more trouble than they were worth, always running away and getting hit by cars. But this dog is different. Even with all her faults we love her and wouldn't trade her for anything. Except maybe a slightly more well behaved version of herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment